It has been a week since I wrote my first post and so far so good! I have lost 4 pounds in one week (current weight 177) which may seem like quite a bit but my weight fluctuates so often that it doesn't feel like that much to me. But this is what I've been doing every day as my routine:
In the morning I'll make a smoothie for my breakfast and follow that with a small work out. Since I've never really worked out before and I am not strong AT all, I'm starting off slow. I'll usually do 20 sit ups, 20 push ups and 20 squats. I plan on increasing that by ten each following week. I also do about a 40 minute walk every day. I told a friend what my "work out" plan was and he practically told me that that wont do anything.. But I'm pretty content with it. I want to focus more on my eating first and ease into working out.
For lunch I'll usually eat something like a turkey sandwhich on whole wheat with lettuce and tomato. I always used to opt for white bread just because it was "yummier" but whole wheat/twelve grain is easier to break down than white bread so thats the sacrifice I'll have to make.
For a snack I'll usually take a bag of some sort of fruit or vegetable. Most often its an apple if I am at work because it has no prep time. But if I am at home or have extra time in the morning I'll usually cut up a bit of cucumber, green pepper, strawberries or carrots.
When I get home I have a bit of a dilemma. I have two choices. I can either eat the food that my parents have made for dinner (I still live at home) or I can make my own dinner. I have realized that I am more likely to succeed at this if I moniter every single bit of food that goes into my mouth. I dont know how much caesar salad dressing my dad put in the salad or how much barbecue sauce he slathered on my pork chop before he put it on the barbecue. So I will eat what they have made for dinner on occasion but I make my own dinner more often.
Last night for dinner I had romain lettuce with cucumber and carrot (loaded up my plate) and a tablespoon of Italian dressing (sorry not sorry... gotta have my dressing). Then for dessert I had a bowl of cut up watermelon. I don't find that just fruits and veggies alone can fill me up so I may have a piece of cheese or a yogurt if I'm still a bit hungry.
The main struggle of the week was going up to my boyfriends cottage. The weekend was filled with beer, pizza and road trip fast food meals. It made me feel like I had wasted the whole week and when I got home I was angry with myself. I don't plan on doing this every weekend and it was kind of a spontaneous trip but I guess that's me trying to justify it. I need to find a way to enjoy the weekend without undoing the hard work I had done during the week.
ALSO, another update in my life. I have decided to quit smoking. It's only been a day but I really think that getting healthy includes ALL aspects in my life so I'm hoping that I will have the strength to lose the weight as well as quit smoking.
No comments:
Post a Comment